Monday, April 4, 2011

Final Topic (Hopefully)

Well I have finally decided on a topic thanks to some guidance from Dale. I have settled on looking at steel and concrete construction in high rises and which is better for offices and which is better for a residential building. I will be comparing the pros and cons between each system for both types of building and the method of construction behind them.

3 comments:

  1. Yo Thommasini!

    I came across a great steel website, it has info on sustainability, how its made, building info, everything! It might be a good place to start. The part about CO2 emission reduction is pretty cool.

    http://www.steel.org/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brandon.

    I found this website that has a bunch of information about the advantages of concrete construction. Hope it helps!

    http://www.concreteconstruction.net/Images/Concrete%20High-Rises%20Offer%20Many%20Cost%20Advantages_tcm45-341593.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Alyssa - Thanks for the link. It looks like a good resource for the steel aspect of my research.

    @Oliver - Thanks. I like how it gives comparisons between the construction times for steel and concrete.

    ReplyDelete